In this tutorial, we are going to provide you with the Tecno Unlock Bootloader file and procedure for unlocking. Unlocking your Tecno phone’s bootloader is one of the first steps to customizing your handset up to extreme levels such as;
- Installing modules,
- Flashing custom firmware,
- and more.
The bootloader is a vendor-proprietary image that takes care of the kernel on a device. It basically protects the device state and verifies the integrity of boot and recovery partitions completely.
Install ADB and Fastboot drivers
ADB is necessary to allow you to root or modify your device system files by using the commands properly. While the Fastboot is required to modify the phone’s firmware by sending commands to it.
Enable USB Debugging and Enable OEM Unlock
It’s also necessary for you to turn on the USB Debugging as well as enable the OEM Unlock option on your handset before connecting and using the ADB Fastboot method. To do so:
- Open the Settings menu on your handset.
- Now, go to the About Phone section > Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll find Build Number.
- Tap on it for 7 times quickly and the Developer Options will be enabled on your phone.
- Next, go back to the Settings page again, and search for Developer Options.
- Here you’ll need to tap on it and turn on the USB Debugging toggle.
- Once done, make sure to scroll down a bit, and turn on the Allow OEM Unlocking toggle as well if its greyed out just proceed to the next steps.
- After enabling both options, you can close the Settings page.
|Tecno AB7||Tecno AC8||Tecno BB4||Tecno BB4K|
|Tecno BC1S||Tecno BC3||Tecno CA7||Tecno CA8|
|Tecno CA8S||Tecno CB7||Tecno CB7J||Tecno CC6|
|Tecno CC7||Tecno CC9||Tecno CD6||Tecno CD6j|
|Tecno CD6S||Tecno CD7||Tecno CD8||Tecno CD8j|
|Tecno CE7||Tecno CE7j||Tecno CE8||Tecno CE9|
|Tecno CE9h||Tecno CF7||Tecno CF7k||Tecno CF7s|
|Tecno CF8||Tecno CG6||Tecno CG6j||Tecno CG7|
|Tecno CG8||Tecno F4 PRO||Tecno ID3K||Tecno ID5|
|Tecno ID5A||Tecno ID5B||Tecno ID6||Tecno IN1|
|Tecno IN1 PRO||Tecno IN2||Tecno IN6||Tecno KB2|
|Tecno KB2H||Tecno KB2j||Tecno KB3||Tecno KB7j|
|Tecno KB8||Tecno KC1||Tecno KC1h||Tecno KC1j|
|Tecno KC2||Tecno KC2j||Tecno KC3||Tecno KC6|
|Tecno KC6s||Tecno KC8||Tecno KC8s||Tecno KD6|
|Tecno KD6A||Tecno KD7||KD7H||Tecno KD7S|
|Tecno KE5||Tecno KE5J||Tecno KE5K||Tecno KEFS|
|Tecno KE6||Tecno KE6J||Tecno KE7||Tecno KF6|
|Tecno KF6H||Tecno KF6i||Tecno KF6j||Tecno KF8|
|Tecno LA7 PRO||Tecno LB7||Tecno LB8||Tecno LB8A|
|Tecno LC6||Tecno LC6A||Tecno LC7||Tecno LC7S|
|Tecno LC8||Tecno LD7||Tecno LD7j||Tecno RA8|
Steps for Tecno Bootloader Unlock
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
- Connect your Tecno Mobile Device to PC
- Open Command Prompt by double clicking on Tecno Mobile Bootloader Unlocking.bat file
- Follow the prompts on the window
- Extract the file on PC.
- Connect Tecno phone to the PC.
- Next, wait for the computer to detect the connected device.
- Once done, the USB driver will be installed on the PC.
- Go to the extracted file on the PC > press the Shift key + Right-click on the mouse.
- Select the Open PowerShell window here or Open Command Window here from the popup. If prompted click on Yes to allow admin access.
- Then type the following command line inside the CMD window and hit Enter to check whether your device is connected to ADB or not:
- If you see a popup on the device screen to Allow USB Debugging on your phone, tap on OK to proceed.
- Type the following command line and hit Enter to restart your device into bootloader:
ADB reboot bootloader
- Your device will be rebooted to Fastboot mode.
- Issue the following command to unlock bootloader for your Tecno Mobile device:
fastboot flashing unlock
You will have your Tecno Mobile Bootloader Unlocking completed upon issuing the above commands.
Set up your device and check-in developer option if OEM is enabled and greyed out. Congratulations!
- MTK Universal Tool V5 Free! by Sohit
- UnlockTool Licence Available | Kenya & East Africa | Mpesa Payment
- SONY Xperia Flash tool for Xperia Devices
- UMT Activation Kenya 1 Year Renewal | UMT Box or Dongle