Learn how to update OPPO phone to the latest software version easily. These methods are applicable to all OPPO smartphones. Always update the software version of your phone.
The benefits of system updates include:
- Optimizing system performance.
- Prolonging your battery life.
- Developing compatibility with more third-party apps.
- Enhancing the system stability.
Update Software Using Online Update (Keep Data)
Note: Back up your data before doing an update. Although OTA Update doesn’t require to back up your data, it still best to make backing up data a practice every time you update anything on your phone. Make it a habit at any time.
- Plug your OPPO phone into power, or keep the battery level over 40%.
- The update process takes some time.
- Do not operate or power off your device during the process.
- DO NOT root the phone yourself, for that might cause damage to your system, and the warranty service will be terminated immediately.
Complete these steps to successfully update device wirelessly:
1. Connect to a working Wi-Fi or Mobile network. The system will automatically show new update if any. You can see a notification on the “System updates” icon, otherwise, it will show “It is already the latest version”.
2. Download the firmware. Download under a Wi-Fi network to avoid the consumption of your mobile data.
3. Tap [System Updates]. Your device will reboot and start updating, which will take a few minutes.
Update Software with an SD Card (Recovery Update)
Update with SD card is mainly used if the phone freezes at a certain interface or OPPO logo, or can’t boot but can get into Recovery Mode.
Complete these steps:
1. Go to OPPO Official Website > Click Support > Software Updates, download the firmware to the root directory of your SD Card (A root directory is a top-most directory in the SD Card file systems).
2. Insert your SD card, then power off the phone.
3. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons, until your phone enters Recovery Mode.
4. Under the Recovery Mode, tap [Install from storage device] > [Install from SD], find the update package.
5. Tap the firmware. A confirmation message will appear on your screen. Tap Yes. Your device will reboot and start updating, which will take some time.
Note: If you can’t update by yourself, you can ask the assistance of the local OPPO Service Center. Please backup the important data, bring your mobile phone, invoice and warranty card and go to the local OPPO customer service center to ask professional maintenance engineer for help. To find the nearest service center, you can go to the OPPO official website > Support > Service Center.
Hassan is a Technician in mobile software programming, Internet technology and Electrical Installations. He also specialises in renewable and green energy solutions like Solar and Wind Power Systems.