Check out the video below on how you can simply limit the internet data consumption on your Windows 10 PC.
If you are on a metered connection or you just need to stop all the data hungry applications on Windows 10 PC, then the steps highlighted will solve your issues and it will definitely reduce the data consumption.
Steps to limit Windows 10 data usage
- On settings, go to privacy then background apps. Toggle OFF all the options.
- Then go back to network and settings. Click on your connected WiFi network, and then advanced settings. Here Toggle ON the option for “Set as metered connection“.
- Then go back again to settings and select update and security. On windows update select the advanced options and tick the Defer upgrades option.
- Still on the same page, select the Choose how updates are delivered and turn OFF the option.
- The other thing you can do is turn off all the live tiles option on the desktop.
Read also Basic Components of a Desktop Computer